Berlin, 17 July 2009 – Today Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Minister for Finance of Singapore and Chairman of Economic Strategies Committee has visited the Metaversum office in Berlin. The Minister was accompanied by the following delegation:
- HE Mr. Jacky Foo, Ambassador of Singapore to Germany
- Mr. Jonathan Pflug, Associate (Economic Strategy), Ministry of Finance
- Ms. Eirliani Abdul Rahman, First Secretary (Political), Singapore Foreign Service
- Mr. Jason Tang, Director Germany, Singapore EDB
- Mr Vignes Sellakannu, Director Germany, Singapore EDB
Jochen Hummel, CEO of Metaversum and Norbert R. Meinike, Head of Marketing, gave the whole delegation a warm welcome. During the two hour visit, our guests learned more about how Metaversum had been built up, how we are working on realizing the vision of a 3D mirror world and about Berlin’s advantages as a centre for creative enterprises. Minister Shanmugaratnam and Ambassador Jacky Foo also enjoyed a chat with Metaversum staff while they were shown around the office. The Minister finally was not only impressed by his avatar but also from the first parts of Virtual Singapore and the possibilities of a real virtual world like Twinity to bring people together on a worldwide scale.